Sunday, February 26, 2012

We have a lot of catchin' up to do!

Wow! So much has happened this past week! Where do I start? Last Friday, I was off of work and got to spend the WHOLE day with my sweet boy! My how I miss my maternity leave :) We spent the day hanging out and went to town to run some errands with Grandma. It was beautiful weather, too, so we ate some lunch at Chick-Fil-A and headed home. This trip was a success... minus the melt down over the carseat. Little Lovebug has decided that he does not heart the carseat. He used to LOVE riding... now, its hit or miss. Getting him in the carseat is an adventure as he arches his back and stiffens up if he is NOT in the mood to go for a ride. Makes for some very interesting car rides :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My sweet boy is growing bigger by the
minute! How do I know? He no longer needs his box top to jump in his Jumperoo! Here he is playing in one of his favorite places! This picture was taken last Saturday  morning.

Do you see his feet touching the floor? We hung out at home for a bit that morning and then went to the baseball field to see Daddy play some ball! Jonathan plays in the Alumni Game each year! It is a fun time, for sure! Bennett LOVED being outside and watching the action!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday night, we went out with some of the Alumni. We wouldn't be back until late... and our sweet boy has a melt down about 6:00 pm each night and is very regimented in his schedule. We decided to would be better for him if we let him stay with my Mama and pick him up the next morning instead of picking him up late and getting him home and back to sleep. This was a bit tough... and I did shed a tear even though I knew he was in great hands! This is a picture of ALL of the stuff we had to pack up. Some stuff Mama already has at her house so we didn't have to take. It looks like we are moving him out :) No worries... it was only about 13 hours. Mommy was up bright and early to go get her sweet boy!

Here is B... liking his carseat at the moment... on his first overnight trip to Grandma and Granddaddy's!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
  
I am an Ebay addict! Check out these fabulous overalls I scored for B! :)

Is he precious or what??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This past Friday, I took the day off to take B to get his 4 month shots. I know, I know. We are a few weeks off but we were trying to fit shots around our work schedules. Fridays are good days for us but nearly impossible to get an appointment. As you know from my last post, Jonathan and I decided to break up with our pediatrician and let Bennett see our family doctor, Dr. Ellenburg. Last Sunday, I got flamed by someone who criticized my choice to forgo a pediatrician for a family doctor... Let me tell you something... unsolicited advice and opinions will get you on my list... QUICK. My child is TOP priority. I would NEVER do anything to put him in jeopardy. We saw a pediatrician. It didn't work out. Don't judge me. I am very happy with my decision. Let me tell you how our visit with Dr. Ellenburg went.... Bennett weighs 17 lbs. 2 oz. which puts him in the 72%ile for weight. He is 30 inches long and his head circumference is 18 inches.... both measurements put him in the 99th %ile. He is growing like a weed! We upped his Zantac from 0.8mL to 1.75 mL and he gave us PRESCRIPTION gas drops? Where were these 16 weeks ago when the colic started? We are to continue the Zantac for a week or so. If we are not happy with it, we are to simply call him and he will put Bennett on something else. He LISTENED to me. He spent time with us and offered solutions. He is willing to try new things! Wow! Love this little relationship already! :) Bennett also had to get shots. He was nearly asleep in my arms while I was talking to the doctor. Luckily, two nurses did them at the same time. It was pitiful. Unfortunately, we turn around and do it all again in 2 more months!

B and his Daddy resting after shots :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

My sleepy, tired boy playing in his Bumbo. He has almost mastered sitting up by himself without it! He is still a little wobbly though!

My Heart!


Bennett's Mohawk :)

Ha ha ! I love this picture. Mowhawk, tongue, and a thumbs up! Awesome :) I love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment