Last week, we said goodbye to 2013 and hello to a new year! I don't really think of January and New Year's as a "fresh start". I don't make any new year's resolutions or commitments. I don't really love the idea of starting over. Period. I like to hunker down and get comfy and don't really like change a whole lot. Despite my apprehension toward change and starting anew, 2014 came anyway!
We rang it in well. By rang it in, I mean we hung out with the Babbs and the Turners and ate and shot fireworks; however, I was in the bed by 11:00. He he! The kids play SO well together. Bennett loved playing with E & E. We brought over Bennett's four-wheeler in hopes of encouraging E & E to ride their new wheels Santa brought them. It didn't really work but B and Evan had a great time riding Emma's car! Here are the boys going for a spin!
After supper, we went out back to roast marshmallows and shoot a few fireworks. B loved it all!
Roasting marshmallows with Mommy
Holding his own sparkler.
Ooey Gooey goodness!
B and Daddy shooting a Roman Candle.
This year is sure to bring about lots of changes- a new year always does. Some will be good and some, I am sure, will be not so good.
We have already begun the year with lots of prayer for my precious uncle. We found out before Christmas that he has Stage 3a lung cancer. He will begin chemo and radiation this week. I've never really been SO close to cancer before and it is downright scary. My grandmother had ovarian cancer. My granddaddy had skin cancer. My papa had prostate cancer. I was young and "sheltered" from the harsh realities of diagnoses, treatments, side effects, etc. My BFF had a cancer scare earlier this year with her thyroid, but THANK GOD, it was nothing. My sweet cousin is currently battling cancer and will begin a double dose of pill chemo this week to fight a reoccurance. I had an "atypical" spot biopsy this time last year, but it turned out to be fine when pathology came back. This beast seems to affect everyone in some way. Sunday, there was the sweetest prayer said that made me remember that NOTHING comes to us without FIRST going through HIS hands. Nothing. In the end of all things, he is to be glorified. There is a reason for all things. My hope and prayer is that through all of these trials, my uncle and family will remember to rely on the ultimate HEALER no matter what the outcome. He is our strength and refuge.
No comments:
Post a Comment