Wednesday, May 28, 2014

This Boy Calls Me Momma

Being a Momma is my calling. I really do think so. This boy fills my heart with so much pride and joy. It's not always unicorns and glitter, mind you... but that's okay. He's worth it. I am so blessed that this wee one calls me momma. It's a name I never get tired of hearing. This sweet boy is my heart! I am so proud to call him mine!
 
On another note, we have resorted to bribery to potty train. Bennett has been tee-teeing like a champ since 22 months. Score one for us! We thought we had this all under control and were high-fiving our amazing parent-selves... until Bennett began refusing to poop in the potty after about two weeks. For six months, he waits until his nighttime diaper to go. Totally frustrating. If he is desperate, he will ask for a diaper. One night, after a serious pep talk from his daddy, he used the flippin' potty! Praise be! It took a family meeting in our teeny tiny bathroom and a bit of bribery but he went! After watching videos of bowling on the iPad AS he is sitting on the potty, he finally decided that bowling was worth pooping for and he went for it. After much celebration, we called the grandparents. Here is my sweet boy enjoying his "prize."
 

 
He was enchanted for all of three frames. Ha ha! He was more impressed with the ball return than the actual bowling part. Oh well. He actually tied me. He had a ramp and bumpers... I didn't. That seems like a good reason to me as to why I tied my two year old. Unfortunately, after ALL the celebration and bribery, he is no further along in this potty process than he was... oh well. We will get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment