Sunday, July 6, 2014

Let Freedom Ring

Before I recap our past two weekends, I need to share a picture from Bennett's VBS Commencement. Here are most of my class of two and three year olds. We were singing "This Little Light of Mine." Well, the adults were singing... the kids, not so much :) Since this night, Bennett has asked to go back to Bible School many, many times.
 
Last weekend, our town hosted its annual Festival of Stars. It began Friday and ran through Saturday night. Friday for lunch, my LIFELONG friend, Kelley, and her daughter, Kate, met up with us for lunch and a park playdate. The kids did great and we had fun catching up. Many times, I feel alone in the parenting thing... I mean with the type of child God gave me. Bennett is MANY things... independent, strong-willed, kind-hearted, loving, precious, sassy, smart, clever, witty, funny, a button-pusher, bossy toddler. But, you know what?? So is Kate :) It's nice to know that despite our parenting techniques, God made them that way and it's OKAY! They are well-adjusted and SPUNKY. Life is definitely more interesting that way!

 
On Friday night, we headed to the park to hear the band. Who am I kidding? I really just wanted a stinkin' funnel cake! LOL! It actually rained before I got one! After our mad dash to the car to get dry, B found these goggles in the car and modeled them for a picture. NEVER a dull moment, that's for sure!

 
On Saturday, we met my parents, brother in law, niece and nephew at the park to ride some rides and check out the booths. Bennett rode this ride with Kensie and Ashton. I can't believe he is big enough to ride things by himself!!



 
The fireworks on Saturday night got rained out... Boo. Oh well!
 
When Bennett gets older, he will KILL me for taking this next picture but it is HILARIOUS! We were outside swimming and he decided he was done wearing a wet bathing suit and wanted to take it off. Here he is wearing his puddle jumper and a smile while riding his four wheeler.

 
He also hopped on over into the water table :)

 
We've been working REALLY hard on pooping in the potty. It's been a long road BUT this week he FINALLY earned his bike! Here he is showing off his fifth sticker on his chart. Before going to the potty to earn this final sticker, he says, "Mommy! My gotta stinky in the potty. My gonna get a bike??"

 
We also were inspired by Marcie to complete our Bucket List for Summer. I had pinned this on Pinterest and since Summer is flying by, I decided it was time to get started :)

 
This kid is HILARIOUS!

 
NEVER a dull moment! He calls this his, "moes-stache".

 
Here he is on Thursday morning with his new bike in WalMart! He is so proud of it! Jonathan told him that he had to continue to stinky in the potty. Bennett's response?? "My gonna get TWO bikes??" Ummm.. No.

 
On Friday, our family all headed out to the pool. Bennett was excited to swim with Emma Kate and Elliott.

 
A family pic before dinner.

 
On Saturday afternoon, we headed over to Katie and Matt's for a Fourth of July Celebration. There was food, sparklers, water guns, a slip and slide... and laughter. Our group of friends has grown so much in five years! I am so grateful for these bonds!
 
He only wanted to slide... he wasn't crazy about the slipping part. 
 
Trying a little cherry ice cream.

 
Carefully holding the sparkler.

 
A little pic with Daddy.

 
Of course, Mommy had to get one, too!

 
WE ended the night well after dark. Here are Evan and B solving the world's problems.... :)

 
Then today, we went to church with a very cranky child. He is in total Mommy Mode and I am the only one who can do anything for him... fix a drink, give him a bath, dress him... etc. It's nice to be wanted but MAN... whew. After church, we went to granddaddy's to eat and then home to get a nap. Finally, after giving up on any hope that Mr. Crankypants was gonna give into a nap to day, we went swimming. Once he got over the hump of exhaustion, he was a semi pleasant person :)

 
Oh well. It has been a wonderful week with lots of time spent with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment