Monday, July 21, 2014

Dear Bennett...


Dear Bennett,

There are so many things that I want to tell you.

First and foremost, you matter. You are important. As your mommy, I am your biggest fan. I am ALWAYS in your corner no matter what.

I love how FUNNY you are. You can always make me laugh... usually when trying to get yourself out of trouble. Thank you for making me SMILE... every. single. day.

I love YOU. All of you. I love how your eyelashes are long and thick. I love how you have your daddy's fingers. I love your dark, brown eyes. I love how your hair curls behind your ear. I love your cute little button nose. I love the blue vein in your eyes that you had the day we first met and you still have today. I love how you curl your arms around my neck in the middle of the night just to snuggle. I love how your little body nestles right in to mine when we pray each night.

I love your SPUNK. You can be a challenge, but I LOVE your spirit. You keep me on my toes, sweet boy. You are fiery and at times EXPLOSIVE during your two year old tantrums but your zest for life is contagious. Thank you for helping me LIVE life...

I love how you LOVE. You love your friends and your family and you LOVE your MOMMA. Thank you for loving me and needing me. You give me purpose, my love. It makes me smile when you name the people you want to pray for each night or how you see Mr. Ben and want to tell him "hello".

I love how SMART you are. You amaze me with what you know and what you can do. You are a little sponge who loves to figure out how things work and you love to learn new things.

I love how quickly you FORGIVE. Oh, sweet boy. There have been times where I have been impatient or quick to correct or where I have just MESSED up. You forgive me much more quickly than I forgive myself.

Your heart for Jesus is what I love MOST. Your relationship with Jesus is the most important one you will ever have. Right now, it's my responsibility to help you see Jesus and to guide you to him. One day, it will be up to you. My hope is that HE will be the center of your life already that you will know no other way than that.

I pray for you everyday. I pray that you will be a strong man of God, a man of integrity and honor, and a man who always "lets his light shine." I pray you will be a leader and that you will be forgiving. I also pray for your future mate. I hope she will also be who God created her to be. I pray you will lead her and be the spiritual leader to her and your family. I pray that the two of you "move mountains".


You are my JOY, my sweet boy. My heart can hardly understand the depth of love I have for you.

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment