I am LOVING these kiddos! We have gotten to see them a LOT these past few weeks and I am lovin' it! I love that B will grow up with these two and that he has already formed relationships and friendships with them! Here is Ashton taking B on a scooter ride. Bennett absolutely loved this!
We went to visit the Festival of Discovery. This is the BEST shot I could get of the three of them.
Bennett's not even looking in this one but I eventually gave up trying to get six eyes to look in the same direction. Oh well!
That Sunday, we went swimming and got out the Slip n' Slide. Please note my child's attire. I am WELL aware that winter clothes are inappropriate for summer wear. Bennett, however, is NOT aware. If he dresses himself, there is a 90% chance it will be a long-sleeved shirt, "long-sleeved pants" (according to B), rain boots or work boots, and USUALLY a hat... sometimes a fleece one.
This past Friday, B and I had a date day. We headed to the museum and ALL he wanted to do was play with the trains :)
We took a minute to take a selfie :)
Then we went exploring around town.
And ended our date with McDonalds. Poor thing fell asleep before he finished his Happy Meal.
This is just a FUNNY picture. Here is Bennett on his potty. Apparently he needed some privacy. He he!
And now... for some Bennett funnies...
He has continued acting like a typical two year old. Some days, things go so smoothly that Jonathan and I can't believe our good fortune. Other days, our little defiant, sassy, sweetie is a CHALLENGE. He has begun the "No" phase with a vengeance. We gave him the "Don't tell mommy and daddy 'no'" speech. Now, instead of telling us "No!" when we ask him to do something, he responds, "No way, Jose!" Ugh. He found the loophole. Technically, he isn't saying NO. We have resorted to threatening to put vinegar on his tongue if he isn't respectful. Bless.
When something breaks or happens, B's first response is "How did that happen?"
The other night, I was looking at pictures on the computer. Bennett walks up and sees a picture of him and says, "I saw that on basebook!"
He is always offering suggestions or compromises. When we tell him that he needs to put on his shoes, for example, he will say, "I put on my working boots for a minute. How 'bout that?"
Usually, the only music he hears in my car is HISRadio. He knows lots of songs just by listening to them in the car which further reminds me what a sponge he is. IN the store last week, "Chainsaw" by The Band Perry, came on over the speaker. Bennett begins singing at the top of his lungs, "I got my chainsaw!!!! I got my chainsaw!!!! I got my chainsaw!!!"
Stay tuned. There is NEVER a dull moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment