Sunday, March 1, 2015

34 Weeks and a Nursery Sneak Peek

Four weeks and five days... YIKES! 

How far along? Currently, I am 34 weeks 2 days 

Baby’s size?
 between 17-19 inches

Total Weight Gain: 12.5 pounds

Stretch marks? YEP... and getting new ones here in the past few days. My skin is stretched to the  max and I have purple and red blistery marks to prove it!

Sleep: Meh... I can go to sleep like a champ; however, I can't stay asleep. Mostly, this is due to horrible acid reflux and heartburn but a lot of it can be attributed to my HUBBY's snoring. Whew. He is supposed to call the doctor this week! Bennett has done much better waking up to go potty in the middle of the night; however, we have about a 90% success rate nowadays in waking up dry. Yay! He still wants to come snuggle with me but that's okay with me!

Best moment this week: Cleaning my baseboards :) He he! Nesting is in full force at the Goff house. Actually, Bennett told me I was his "fabrite" and that I was "the best friend I ever did see". Those are some pretty good moments :) 

Miss Anything? Being able to eat those yummy Buffalo Chicken Boneless Wings! I ate them Friday night and was up most of the night with reflux and heartburn... YIKES!

Movement: Constantly. This kid has the boniest body EVER! He ROLLS all the time.

Food cravings: Not really. I have been eating lots of grapes. I ate these constantly with B.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the heartburn and reflux.

Gender: BOY!

Labor Signs: Nope! He's not even head down. My babies don't like to be upside down apparently.

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good actually. It takes more effort to get up from a sitting or lying position and I am constantly going to the potty, but all in all, I feel great!

Belly Button in or out? What belly button? Mine has somehow disappeared!!!!

Wedding rings on or off? Still on!

Happy or moody most of the time: Still happy. getting more and more excited but getting pretty anxious, too. 

Looking forward to: Seeing my boys together. Bennett already loves him and I can't wait to see him when he is here.
A few bump pics


Now for a few nursery sneak peeks... I still need to finish some of the details but for the most part, it's ready!

Jonathan's grandmother recovered Bennett's bumpers for me. I think they turned out great!

This chair was my uncle Larry's. We had actually borrowed it and painted it turquoise for Bennett's 2nd birthday party and portraits. After Larry died, I got it back. When we started the nursery, I knew I wanted to use it somewhere.

This mantle I am SUPER excited about. Jonathan and I made it using a door from the chicken coop my great-granddaddy built. :)


I made these signs using my new Cameo machine and some pallets Jonathan took apart for me. I love how they turned out!

So... we officially have a birthday party scheduled for Holden... April 3rd at 7:30 am! We are officially counting down the days!


 This sweet boy and his brother... :) He loves snuggling Baby Holden and feeling him move.

Saturday morning, Jonathan went hunting in a tournament and B and I hung out at home. B wanted to do some "homework". Here he is working hard on that college scholarship.  :)


Some Bennett funnies:

The other day, I picked B up from school. I asked him what he learned that day and he said, "The letter "o". Ah ah ah like Optimus Prime and octopus!"

At night, I lay with B for a few minutes and then go get ready for the next day. Apparently he had been calling me to come back in there and when I finally heard him, I went in. He said, "I'm tired of telling you to come in here!" Bless it. I think he may have heard that before. 

The other day, Bennett had a horribly sassy mouth. When he talks back or says something unkind or disrespectful, we dip our finger in vinegar and put it on his tongue. After 10 seconds he gets his drink so it's not cruel. LOL. He hates vinegar so it is pretty effective. The other day, I left it on the table. I was in the laundry room and I heard him call out, "Mommy? I'm just gonna put this vin-gar back in the cab-net!" He he! He didn't even want to see it... or for me to be reminded of it's existance.

Last Wednesday, I was sewing and Bennett was in the playroom. I heard him talking to his imaginary friends (more on that in a minute) and he said, "It's HUMP DAY!" I asked him where he heard that and he said, "Mrs. Wessie told me that!"

Now, these imaginary friends. At first, I was spooked. Then I was scared B suffered from mental illness. Then, I was accepting :) Apparently, 60% of kids with imaginary friends end up labeled as gifted. They are able to think abstractly early on. As long as he is "gifted" and not "weird", I'm okay with that :) He he! We have four friends at our house... Porch, Fair Fair, King, and Dexter. Dexter is King's daddy. Porch is the rebellious one that makes bad choices. Fair Fair and King usually stay at their Nana's at night. Porch goes many places with us. He is actually very consistent with them and he will blame things on them occasionally. He will tell me what to tell them and he will get me to put them in time out when they don't do the right thing. There is NEVER a dull moment! NEVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment