This boy. He is something else. He keeps us on our toes and keeps us laughing. Lili Kate sent some clothes for Holden. She and I swap clothes for the boys. Bennett found these in a stack. They are 6-12 months but B insisted he try them on. In his words, "They are just my size. They fit just fine!" These are supposed to be LONG overalls. He he! In his defense, they do fit everywhere else.
B has started a new venture... T-Ball. This picture was from his FIRST practice. Yeah, not so great. He sat in the grass the entire time. We were a wee bit nervous about how this would go. You would think the coach's kid would at least participate! He he! We decided after practice to go to Chick Fil A and just hope that the next practice went a little better.
Chick Fil A with Emma, Evan, and Laney was a lot of fun. We went to Hibbett's and bought a new pair of batting gloves for a little bribery for the next practice....
The bribery worked. Just yesterday we had practice and he was suddenly Chipper Jones. He hit all three times. I was so proud of him! Luckily, he gets his athletic ability from his daddy and Uncle Abo. :) Our first game is Saturday... stay tuned!
This week has been a mix of rain and sunshine. B and I took advantage of a sunny day and went riding the golf cart to see the goats. This boy LOVES watching the goats and they will come up to the fence and eat grass out of his hands.
We've also had some good snuggle time. I am soaking up this time with him. There has been lots to do but when he says, "Mommy, come snuggle with me" I am more than happy to oblige.
Let me just add a disclaimer. I am aware that this shirt has words on it. We were NOT going in public so this was completely appropriate to wear outside. LOL. The pants are a bit too big, hence the reason he is holding them up, but he was proud that he matched. Ha ha! This ensemble was completed with some new Crocs.
Speaking of Crocs... last week, B and I went shoe shopping for some spring shoes. My idea was to get a pair of Crocs and a pair of flip flops. We walked in and what did we see?? Some black and neon green light up Ninja Turtle tennis shoes... complete with detatchable velcro Ninja Turtle head. I can't make this stuff up. It was EVERYTHING in a shoe that I hate. Unfortunately they didn't have his size... shhhh. That's my story, and I am sticking to it!
After our successful baseball practice, we went to get some mulch. We are trying to get some little spring projects done before Holden arrives. Here is B helping his Daddy spread mulch. He found his helmet in Daddy's tool box. Spreading mulch is apparently dangerous business!
Saturday night at mama's B and I compared our bumps... ha ha. His face is priceless!
Here are my boys... one on the inside and one on the outside. Bennett loves to feel Holden kick and wiggle. Bennett's voice almost always makes Holden respond. I can't wait to see them together! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment