I am TRYING to catch up! Being a Momma to two is a lot different than having an only child. He he! Luckily, Holden is a much easier baby than Bennett was so I actually have a little free time while B is at school in the mornings to do laundry, pick up the house, wash dishes, and spend some one on one time with my littlest fella!
These past two weeks have flown by! I can't believe my sweet baby is TWO weeks old already. Here is a little about our first week as a family of four.
This boy- he is the BEST big brother. He loves to help with Holden. He brings us diapers, he sings to him, he puts his paci back in, he holds him, he talks to him, he kisses him constantly... he just LOVES this little baby. For that, I am so thankful. We find ourselves constantly saying, "B, leave him alone!" He he! I was so worried he wouldn't like him! Boy, was I wrong!
On Tuesday, April 7, we went to our first weight check and visit with our favorite doc. Holden was 7 lbs. 6 oz. at discharge on April 4th. On April 7th, he was 7lbs. 10oz. That was a personal victory for me because I am nursing this boy and committed to sticking with it! Every ounce he gains is a point for mama! :)
On April 7th, I also celebrated my 30th birthday! IT was very low-key and just what I wanted. We went to mama's and she cooked some supper. Here is our little family of four. I can tell these pictures will be increasingly more difficult to capture from here on out!
My mama- this woman has been GREAT. I can't thank her enough for all she has done or continues to do for us! She stayed in the hospital with me each night, she cooked most of our meals our first week. She also took two days off to stay with me and entertain Bennett. No matter how old I get, I will ALWAYS need my mama!
The next picture makes me smile. This is my granddaddy and Holden. I have a very similar picture of him and B.
On Sunday, we headed to the Reid's for our third annual Easter Egg Hunt. Bennett had a blast. We also took Holden so everyone could meet him. He slept through the entire thing.
This is a Spider Man mask dangling from his arm. :)
A little family picture
My heart!
Just a few pictures from our first week...
Morning snuggles- B asks every morning if he can hold him!
Daddy was home with us the first three days and OH AM I THANKFUL. I was so thankful that he had lots of time with B. We were so sad to see him go back to work. They stayed outside nearly all day everyday!
This kid is hilarious. He needed a strap for his weedeater and asked me for his "spenders".
Daddy and Holden enjoying some nighttime snuggles.
My sweet Nanny is battling lung cancer and nearing the end of her earthly journey. Mama and I took the boys by to see Nanny. This was Holden's first visit. I am so glad she got to meet him!
Nanny and Holden
My sweet boys!








No comments:
Post a Comment