Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Part 2: The Hospital Bubble

Call me crazy, but I always have great memories of the hospital. I love the anticipation of a new baby and the build up to the new baby-- but I love the time spent in the hospital. Maybe it's the newness- maybe it's knowing there is backup in case I need it- or maybe it's just knowing that that "new" time is fleeting and will be over soon... whatever it is, I love it. The food is subpar, the bed made my hiney and back hurt, I got VERY little sleep, they did bloodwork at 4am and came in the room every hour the first night... but, again, I love it.

The hospital is where Jonathan and I became parents for the very first time and welcomed a second addition. It's were we marveled at God's perfect miracles and where we learned the meaning of a parent's love. It's where our hearts grew with love for each other and for these two perfect creatures. The hospital is where we welcomed BOTH of our boys into our family and where our boys met for the very first time. Oh that blessed hospital bubble...

The first day, B didn't want to hold Baby Brother at all. The second day, he was all about some Baby Holden. Here he is holding him for the first time.

I love this picture. It's almost like he is thinking... "What are we going to do, now??"

My brother came to visit Friday and Saturday.

Grandma Jean and Grandpa came. Grandma brought Holden's quilt. She makes one for her grandchildren and her great-grandchildren. She even made one for us when we got married. These are wonderful keepsakes. :) 

This man. He makes my heart smile. He is such a good daddy. He took care of B at our house at night because I was super freaked about Bennett feeling left out or neglected... and face it. Jonathan does NOT heart the hospital bubble like I do. My mama stayed with me at night and I was happy knowing my boy was taken care of in his house and tucked into bed with his daddy.

My granddaddy- Big Big- came a few times to visit us too!
This was the same night B and I both had a breakdown. My parents and granddaddy took B to eat and then brought him to the hospital to tell me and Holden goodnight and then Jonathan was to take him home with him. When it got time to leave, Bennett was in tears because he didn't want to leave his baby brother. He was even trying to reason with us about where he could sleep. He was crying and I was crying. It was rough... but I was so happy he LOVED his baby so much!

The Easter Bunny came to the hospital to leave a surprise for the boys. These baskets say a whole lot. Holden's basket says, "Happy first Easter sweet baby!" Bennett's basket SCREAMS, "Mommy the Easter Bunny clearly overcompensated and was feeling guilty for leaving you for two whole nights for the first time ever."

On Easter Sunday, Papa came back for a visit and so did B;)

My heart.

It was about this time that I was under the impression I was going home. Dr. Beaudrot came to deliver the news that my discharge was pending a platelet count.

A little Easter Sunday family selfie

Holden's first Easter

We were trying to patiently wait to see if we would be taking our boys home. Thankfully, the good news came!

Mommy and Holden

Going home! B wanted to catch a ride! 

Our stay in the hospital was a good one... aside from all the medical stuff :) He he! We were well taken care of while we were there...  maybe we will get to experience the hospital bubble feeling just ONE more time??? We will see.

I am so thankful to God that I got to experience the miracle of pregnancy and birth yet again. 

Oh, another fun fact?? Holden came home on Easter Sunday and I was born on Easter Sunday... 30 years ago :)

No comments:

Post a Comment