Thursday, June 13, 2019

May 2019 Catch Up

Baby Davis continued to grow bigger and bigger as we got closer to his due date of May 25th. We scheduled our c-section for May 20th and I was crossing my fingers he didn't come early. 

I enjoyed lots of snuggles with this sweet boy before he went from little brother to middle brother. He had no idea how his life was about to change. I have LOVED having my very own one on one time with him these past few years. I had the same time with Bennett and once Holden goes to Kindergarten next year, I will have that special time with Davis too.

 

Someone turned FOUR so that meant it was time for four year old shots! He took them like a champ and only shed a few tears... mostly at the finger stick and the fact that Nurse Jenna tried to put a bandaid on his finger! We had told him that after shots, he got his very own date with Mommy and Daddy wherever he wanted to go. He chose bowling... he had a blast! He also got lucky in the arcade and won 100 tickets on the jackpot!




The boys love a good filter so we played around with Oldify in the bathtub :) 


Baby Davis continued to grow. Here we are at 37 weeks... measuring at 39. 


Our big boy got his school pictures back. The background is horrible but I ordered them anyway... you know, to show future girlfriends- and to commemorate the end of first grade.


These two have been friends since Bennett was 1 and Dalton was 2. I am so glad they are still friends and teammates.


In order to prepare for Baby Davis, I had some last minute things to get done. I started maternity leave two weeks before my due date just in case he came early. I got my hair done... and went to pick H up from daycare mid-color. He didn't understand why I came to pick him up looking like that.


We had one last lunch with Bennett at school for the year. 


And we wrapped up baseball season with a trophy of course. 




Baby Davis continued to grow... 


This was my survey from Holden for Mother's Day. I love these!!!


We voted for school board on May 14th... only 6 days before our c-section. He was SO big...


And we had maternity pictures done... our last ones as a family of four. These are my faves...











This kid continued to do a great job on the field. We came a long way this season working on sportsmanship and being a gracious loser. That was hard for him. We realized we hadn't done such a good job in this area of parenting when he cried many times because someone got him out or because another team had a better undefeated record or because the third out came as he was on deck... his tears and attitude and excuses made us realize he had never really lost before. Before this season, there had been no outs or score kept. Everyone got a chance to bat and cross home plate and the last batter always got a homerun. This was a tough season and a learning curve for all of us... but we are all better for it and we will do better with the middle and little.



Big brother also got the chance to participate in a Saturday Soccer clinic. He had a great time.


On our last day before Davis arrived, we spent time at the pool and getting last minute things done at the house.


Our final night as a family of four... the next morning, we would become a family of FIVE...



No comments:

Post a Comment