I'm already behind... again! I will try to catch up quickly! The day before Davis was scheduled to arrive, we spent the Sunday at the pool and spreading pinestraw. I planted flowers and got some other things checked off my to do list. That night, I actually rested well. I was still pretty anxious- this time around it wasn't that I was wrecking the boys' lives by bringing in a baby- it was worry over something going wrong during the surgery with me or Davis.
Jonathan's parents came to our house at 5:00am so we could be at the hospital at 5:30 for our surgery at 7:30. During pre-op a few days before, we found my platelet levels had dropped so I had a steroid shot. I was anxious to see if my platelets got the boost I needed to be awake for the c-section. THANKFULLY, they were at 108k... up from 79k... so things were looking good. My pulse, however, was in the 40's which caused them concern. Then, an emergency came in so our surgery was pushed back a bit. That gave even more time for my nerves to get wound up. THEY FINALLY came to get us. Jonathan took one last pregnancy picture. That one stung... the LAST time I would ever be pregnant and the last time we would be at the hospital to welcome a baby. This chapter was quickly coming to an end... the childbearing chapter... and I was plenty sad about it.
The epidural and all the IVs were no fun. I nearly passed out during the IV placement... but it was all worth it when we saw our sweet boy for the first time. It struck me that he didn't look like Bennett or Holden AND I was meeting this little person that I "knew" so well for the first time ever. That feeling never gets old and I cry every time. It's truly a miracle every single time.
Davis Hamilton arrived at 9:16am. He was 8lbs 3oz, 21" long and perfect in every way. He had the most BEAUTIFUL lips and a head full of dark hair!
After they got me put back together, we went to recovery for a bit. He was the best at nursing of all our three babies.
Davis was not too upset about his first bath.
We got plenty of snuggles with him before we introduced him to our crew. Here's his first pic with his daddy.
While in recovery, we got this pic from Gram. The boys were dressed and ready to meet Davis and put out their flag announcing his arrival.
We were so blessed to have a photographer on standby to come take pics. Some of them are hers and some I snapped with my phone.
This picture makes me smile. I was just SO sure Holden would be the obsessed brother. He loved rubbing my belly when I was pregnant and was so excited to get a baby. Bennett was excited but I really worried about him and him bonding with the baby. At the hospital, Bennett became so protective of Davis. The nurse came to check him out and Bennett watched her every move.
Bennett holding him for the first time while Holden looks on. Be still my heart!
The night Davis was born also happened to be Bennett's first and second playoff game. He couldn't miss it. I didn't want him to. I was sad I couldn't be there but I was facetimed during the game! They won the first game but lost the second to come in second place. Here are rivals and best friends. Love these babies!
I got plenty of snuggles while everyone went to the game. Bennett needed his cheering section there!
And finally... it was Wednesday, discharge day! The boys went to school and Jonathan and I brought our last little baby bird home to our nest.
Sidenote: My aunt Bennie Faye made this blanket when Bennett was born. All three Goff babies have been brought home in it!






























No comments:
Post a Comment