Friday, August 17, 2012

I am woman, hear me roar!


"Oh what a power is motherhood, possessing 
A potent spell 
All women alike 
Fight fiercely for a child." 
-- Euripides


By nature, as women, we are powerful creatures. We endure pregnancy, labor, childbirth, postpartum, and we hold the oh-so-sweet-and-mighty title of Momma to our littles. October 1st totally rocked my world and changed it for the better. With those sweet cries at 9:47 pm came a huge responsibility and an inner, fierce desire to protect my lovebug at ALL costs. This week, that is JUST what this Momma did. 

Picture it. A beautiful summer afternoon. The breeze was blowing. The sun was beginning to dip behind the clouds. Birds were chirping. The dog was peeing on my newly planted shrubs... I digress. Anywho. It was a serene and pleasant afternoon. Bennett was strapped into his stroller and we were going for an afternoon stroll. We crossed over the thresh hold of the house and I looked back to make sure the door closed (so the peeing dog couldn't run in to the house). As I was watching the door close and latch, I saw a snake RIGHT where we had just been. We had gone right over it and didn't even know it! I screamed loudly and strolled Bennett to the front yard far away from the snake. Luckily, I had used the shovel the day before to plant new bushes so it was still on the front porch. I grabbed the shovel and ran to do away with the snake. So, those of you that know me know that my athletic abilities leave a LOT to be desired. My brother got all of the athletic/coordination genes. I missed out. It took me three times to make contact but once I did, I got three good licks in. Whew. I left it there until Jonathan got home. I was pretty impressed with myself after it was all over with. So... what kind of snake was it you ask??? I think it was a python... what do you think??? Scroll on down.....





He he. Okay, so it was only a 18" green snake but still, a snake is a snake and it was TOO close to the inside of my house! Whew. You should still be impressed. I am terrified of snakes... terrified. :)

Until next time.... this is Snake Slayer, signing off :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment