Friday, August 10, 2012

A little of this and a little of that...

We have been up to all sorts of new tricks this past week.  Last Sunday, my heart melted. My sweet little fella said "Momma"... and not on accident. It's not like he knows that I am Momma but the first time he said it, he was just stringing sounds together. This time, he said it and I got him to repeat it... and he did... over, and over, and over, and over. Music to my ears. It melts my heart every. single. time :) 

Our big boy also started walking this week. It all started with this fantastic toy from Kensie and Ashton, his cousins. He has pushed this thing ALL over the house, my mama's house, and my granddaddy's house :) He loves it and is really good at it. He has complete control and can turn it and move it if it hits something. 
How do I drive this thing???

On Wednesday, I was doing some laundry and Bennett was helping. He started taking things out of the laundry basket, alternating hands, and throwing them over his shoulder. I got out the video camera to capture the moment. Then, I asked him to say "da da" and "bo bo" and he then decided to stand up. I got that on video, too. THEN, he took two steps before falling BUT I got them on video! Wow. I was so excited! He will walk sometimes, but still realizes he is more confident crawling... and he can get there faster. :) Look out world, my big boy is on the move!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Silly boy sitting on his toy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Playing with his new firetruck. This boy LOVES trucks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beautiful boy!


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Momma and Bennett

Walking!

Playing with the Lego wagon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week, I was cleaning out the refrigerator. I turned my back to put something in the sink and turned around to see this....


*(By looking at these pictures, I realized that I REALLY need to clean the bottom vent of the fridge. Pardon the dust/dirt!) Ha ha!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Bennett is NOT a picky eater. He LOVES everything, fruits, veggies, meats, breads, pasta, etc. Today, I tried mandarin oranges. He loved them. Here he is chowing down!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week, I had to work Monday, Thursday, and Friday to get things ready at school for teachers to return. Monday, Bennett went with me. His teacher isn't working but another lady was in the baby room to watch him while I was there. He screamed the WHOLE. ENTIRE. TIME. No joke. It was horrible. She was wonderful with him and very patient but he didn't know her and wasn't having ANY part of it! It broke my heart that he was crying for ME. I called Mama when I left and my nerves were all torn up. I sobbed to her and apologized profusely for any time I cried after her ( I remember doing this when I was four... very clearly, in fact, on several occasions  daily when she would leave me at the babysitter's house) I very quickly called one of his fave baby sitters and asked her to keep him Thursday and Friday. Mama volunteered to keep him Tuesday so I could get some party planning and shopping done. It was a strange day to myself but he did great. We came to the conclusion that the separation anxiety isn't an issue as long as B is with someone he knows. On Thursday, he was fussy with his sitter, but Friday, he had a great day! Hmmm. I am trying to convince my Mama to work at home and also be his sitter while I am at work. We will see how that goes :)

Until next time...

1 comment: