Tomorrow, I go back to work for a whole week. Sigh. No worries though. I have seen on Facebook and talked with teacher friends that will be saying "good bye" to summer and "hello" to a new school year. So will I, but the feeling I have is that summer gets to continue. All through the summer, I have worked on and off. During the school year, I will still only work half-days and be able to be with my little sunshine the other half. How perfect can it get?? God is so good, and so is my husband. Jonathan has been so supportive of all of my decision to work part time and spend more time with Bennett. I am so appreciative!
Here is little lovebug playing in his highchair we were packing up to take to Meg and Aaron's. Friday night, we headed over to their house for some Chili's take out and fun times. Bennett and their little boy, Warren, love to play together... and play they did!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You would think we would buy this poor baby some toys since he pushes around his bathtub all over the house! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Saturday, we spent the day with my niece and nephew, Grandma, and Granddaddy. We went out to Star Fort to participate in an event they were having out there and to walk the trail. All of the kids were troopers. I was impressed. Here they are before we started.
Here is Grandma and Granddaddy and all their babies :) The sun was VERY bright!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday evening, we went to my Mama's for our usual Saturday Night Steak Cookout. This has become an unofficial ritual :) Here is Bennett modeling Ashton's hat!
Grandma and her babies
Grandma gave Bennett a pan and a spoon. This kept him entertained for awhile. The louder, the better :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So... Bennett's birthday party planning is nearly done! Since his birthday is in October, we are having a Pumpkin Patch party. The decorations have been bought, the hay bales have been "ordered", the invitations, and banners are done, the menu is planned, the tent is reserved, the location is reserved (my parent's house), his outfit is ordered, the Japanese lanterns are in, and the photographer is booked! Now, I am just waiting on the mums and pumpkins to go on sale closer to our big boy's big day! Party planning is so much fun! Jonathan says Bennett doesn't really care about all the little details... but I do! :) It's not everyday my sweet boy turns ONE whole year old! This calls for a BIG celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment