Friday, August 3, 2012

The Yuletide Skunk and other happenings...

Wow! What a week! Last Thursday, B started running a low grade fever. Great. Teeth. Ugh. At least we had an explanation for the VERY crabby baby we have had for the past two weeks. I consulted my book. More good news. It appeared the next four teeth to come in would be MOLARS. Fantastic. (Do you sense my sarcasm??) On Friday, sweet boy had a higher fever and slept a lot of the day. Uh oh. This was the same pattern we followed when we had our last ear infection. On Saturday, Jonathan was working so Mama and I took Bennett to Doctor's Care since his doctor wasn't open on the weekend due to a water line issue. The doctor there couldn't have been any nicer. He diagnosed Bennett with a double ear infection and prescribed amoxicillin to knock it out. He had two doses on Saturday and three on Sunday. On Monday morning, he had a HORRIBLE rash on his face, neck, ears, and chest. I called our family doctor and he said to bring him in. Luckily, the reaction was a non-allergic rash to the amoxicillin which would take about a week to clear up. We got another antibiotic instead. Here is my sweet, sick boy and his rash. It's kind of hard to see due to the flash, but my dad said it was "measle-like". 
We are now over the ear infection; however, I can feel three of the four molars. Poor baby!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 On Wednesday, B turned 10 months old! Wow! Here is our photo shoot. These are getting more and more difficult since Mister Mister wants to MOVE! 










Yes. My child is chewing on HIS toothbrush! Never too early to start, right? At the moment, he prefers the handle end to the brush end, but he will get there!

Here is what Bennett has been up to...
*Weighs 19 lbs. 13 oz 
*Has 8 teeth... and 4 more on the way
*Loves to play peek-a-boo
*Has started to explore things more independently
*Is NOT afraid of the edge of a chair or couch. He will dive head first off the sides or front if we aren't watching him carefully.
*Can cruise around the furniture and can stand alone
*Has a fascination with closing doors
*HATES to have his diaper changed or have clothes go over his head
*Can blow kisses
*Likes to "drive" anything with a steering wheel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since Bennett has been sick and teething, he spends more time in our bed. He goes down like a champ but when he wakes up, he gets so upset, he can't put himself back to sleep. Since we are both working, we don't fight him. Putting him in our bed gets all three of us right back to sleep. Well, Tuesday night, I was awakened  at about 3:00am... not by a little boy but by a SMELL. A HORRID smell. The unmistakeable smell of a SKUNK... in our bedroom. Wow. I immediately woke Jonathan up for him to verify the smell and make sure I hadn't dreamed it up. No dream. It was real. Great. What to do at 3 am? I walked to the door to see our lab, Sophie, WALLOWING in the dirt and burying her head. She was going crazy. Apparently she was the troublemaker that was the catalyst to all this trouble. Surprised, right? I figured the best line of attack was air freshener. I began with Lysol only to hear the air fizzle out. Great. Empty. Next in line in the basket under the sink was an Apple Cinnamon room spray from Pier 1. Usually, I reserve this for Christmas, but hey, I was desperate. I sprayed and sprayed trying to rid our room, kitchen and den of the horrible smell. Well what do you know? It really made it worse. I think I actually created a new scent for Pier 1 if they are interested... Yuletide Skunk. Yep. It was bad. The next day, Jonathan commented that his truck smelled like skunk as he had left his windows down the night of the incident. The next day, I burned lots and lots of candles and went to invest in plenty of Febreze. Future crises averted. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bennett eating a banana. Please excuse my semi finished wall. It is a SLOW work in progress.

Sweet boy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
This boy LOVES anything with a motor. Here he is with his Daddy taking a ride around the yard.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These are some older pics that I haven't yet posted. Here is Bennett enjoying some spaghetti. Yummy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Those of you that know my sweet husband knows that he loves a good deal and he loves to buy and sell things. Here he is with the latest "good deal". He took B out for a spin :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week we got our pictures back from Linsey Wilson Photography. She is the only photographer we have ever used to capture our family and sweet boy. She is amazingly talented. I am so happy to also call her a friend. Check out her latest...






No comments:

Post a Comment