This past month, we have been gearing up for Bennett's big day. A LOT of preparation has gone into his party. I love planning and organizing things so my baby's first birthday party was going to be BIG. I decided on the theme months ago and began buying things back in July. Earlier last week, I bought some pumpkins... here is Bennett helping me unpack them :)
While I was working in the kitchen, Bennett was playing in the cabinets. He got quiet for a few minutes... then I heard a noise. I went to see what it was. Apparently, B had grabbed a 16 oz box of spaghetti... and spilled the entire box in the hallway.
During another quiet moment, I discovered Bennett had climbed into the walker all by himself- backwards and with one leg stuck, but, hey, I was impressed :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All of that preparation led up to Saturday. Our theme was a pumpkin patch. We rented a tent, borrowed some hay, bought MANY pumpkins, scarecrows, and mums... and I stalked Pinterest and copied ideas like it was my job! It was a lot of work but it was worth all of the stress and planning! It's not every day our sweet boy turns one whole year old! We had about 40 family and friends come to celebrate. Thunderstorms were forecast for the day but the rain held out... thank goodness! It was a success. Here are a few pictures... the first one is from my camera and the other two are from our photographer. More pics to come when she gets them edited :)
So... on Sunday night, I am a ball of emotions. I have cried many times throughout this week. I am so happy at the little fella my sweet boy is becoming; sad at the baby he no longer is; nostalgic as I look back on one whole year that has flown by in a blink... and happy as I think about welcoming our 7 lb 5 oz baby into the world a year ago tomorrow- the day I became a Mommy. I can't imagine life without him and never knew I could fall in love so hard and so fast the moment I met him. I had no idea my heart could hold so much love for such a tiny person. Tomorrow at 9:47pm, my sweet boy will be ONE. He has been here for 365 whole days that went quick, fast, and in a hurry. Slow down, time... slow down. This Momma isn't ready for her baby to grow up!


No comments:
Post a Comment