Thanksgiving is a time of giving thanks... obviously. Daily, I play a game of "Roses and Thorns" with myself. I name all the "roses" that day that I am thankful for... and also try to find at least one "thorn" or "thorny situation" that I am thankful for. We constantly try to model and teach gratitude to Bennett, and it's easy to recognize when others should be thankful but not so easy to recognize the simple blessings.
I am thankful for my salvation and a God who loves me more than I can imagine. I am thankful for my family and my friends. I am thankful for a husband who loves me despite all of my moods and meltdowns. I am thankful for a precious little boy who brings such joy every day. I am thankful for this miracle that we are only 18 weeks from meeting who is growing stronger and stronger each day. I am thankful for my parents. I am thankful for my siblings, nieces and nephew. I am thankful for our home that provides us with shelter but also a place to make memories. I am thankful for a job that I enjoy going to each day. I am thankful for all these things and so much more. This list seems so shallow when I really think about the things that are too numerous to list.
We kicked off this Thanksgiving season with supper Wednesday night with my brother and my daddy. We had a great time and I cooked the full meal by myself. I was pretty impressed :)
We had a great time spending time together! Here is B and his Papa.
B was showing Abo and Papa his new game on his iPad.
Me, Abo, my daddy and baby Holden :)
On Thursday, we celebrated THREE times! We ate appetizers for lunch time at my Granddaddy's with my parents and aunt and uncle. My parents were going to my Nanny's for supper but we still wanted to be together so we met up there for lunch. For supper, we went back to granddaddy's to eat again! B loved seeing Emma Kate and Elliott. Here are three sweeties!
My granddaddy and I... he is SUCH a blessing in my life!
B had to get in on a picture!
After supper, we headed to Nanny's to see her and the other side of my family. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Our last Thanksgiving as a family of THREE! we are so blessed!
On a side note... I asked B what he was thankful for... Here is what he said. "Jesus, Santa Claus, our baby, my toys, my bike and giraffes, my boots and my shoes and my daddy. My mommy, Dalton, Colt, Autumn, and Emma 'cause she is a sweet girl!"
I am constantly telling B how much I love him. He has started saying it all the time, too. Many times, I say "I love you SOOO much!" He will say, "I love you more!" We battle back and forth for a bit. The other day, he said, "I love you the BEST! I win!!" Then he called me, "my angel." This momma's heart melted a thousand times over! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment