When I was little, our whole family trekked to Wright's Tree Farm to cut down a tree. When Jonathan and I first married, we got a "fresh" tree from Lowe's and called it done. Since we have had Bennett, we like to go to local Tree Farms and cut one down as a family. Last year, we struck out with the tree farm we picked. This year, we went back to Old Faithful and were not disappointed... well, B was, but more on that in a minute. My parents and brother went with us and we had a fun time!
B hopped on this "train" ride as soon as we got there!
After his train ride, we loaded up on the hayride in search of our perfect tree!
Of course I had to get a pic with my favorite baby brother.
We got to the section of Leyland Cypress trees and B got to work with the measuring pole. He used it more of a weapon but he took his job very seriously. A 10 foot pole is not easy for a 3 feet tall little boy to manage!
My honey and I
This place is super kid-friendly. There was plenty for B to do! Here he is on the bike...
and then the bouncy house!
Bennett and GeeGee
Jonathan finally found our 2014 Christmas Tree!
Posing in front of our tree before we cut 'er down!
After we cut it down, Bennett informed us that he didn't like that particular tree and he wanted to cut down a different one. He was really upset and it was a little bit funny.
The tree he wanted was over 20' tall! He was convinced it would fit on top of our car and into our house!
All in all, we had a great time and made lots of memories! I LOVE a good tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment