Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Dang Dust Ruffle

It was ONLY a dust ruffle. It sounds silly but it was monumental.
 
Let me begin with a disclaimer. Yes, I realize B is THREE... but sleep comes so easy for him in the crib. He CAN get out but chooses not to. Why ruin a good thing??? We put him in his crib and he goes to sleep. No getting in and out of bed all night. Easy, peasy. We have been in NO hurry to make this transition. There were some "baby" things we transitioned him through quickly... pacis, bottles, etc. The crib wasn't necessarily on our 'transition list.'
 
For Christmas, we, errr I mean SANTA bought B new bedding for his "big brother" room. We wanted to transition B to his new big boy bed well before Baby Holden got here to make things easier on everyone. When we first started looking for B's furniture, we liked the Forever Furniture from JCPenney. The crib converts to a toddler bed and then to a headboard and footboard for a Full size bed. We decided to skip the toddler bed since we would need the mattress for Holden and we just thought it was a better move. The day after Christmas we got to work on his Big Boy room. Here he is in the outfit of his own choosing and skates... right next to the last picture ever of his crib!
Ugh. I could eat him up!

"Helping" his daddy assemble the frame.

He decided Daddy's way of using the drill and bolts took too long so he opted for tape instead :)
 
After the assembly was done, the boys went to take some boxes to the dump and I was alone... to iron curtains and dust ruffles and to hang new curtains. I started ironing the dang dust ruffle and the tears came outta nowhere! I couldn't stop them. B and his daddy came back to witness my meltdown and B was super confused. I told him I was just sad that he was getting so big and wasn't a baby anymore but SUPER happy that he was such a big boy... all at the same time. He is getting a very early lesson in dealing with hormonal women! :) The tears continued to flow as I removed his "baby curtains" and hung the new ones. I kept thinking back to when I made those curtains and selected each piece for his nursery so it would be PERFECT for this sweet babe we were yet to meet... just three very short years ago. It was just too much. I then thought about how this very bed would see him through life until he leaves for college... sigh... tears...It was just too much for me to handle. Ahhhh....

Anyways, I digress. The end product made B smile and THAT was worth it.



First night in his big boy bed... he slept from 10-5... a success in my book. The second night he slept from 10:30-9:15... another success!
 
My boy is growing up so fast. I am SO insanely proud of him. My heart just can't contain the love I have for him. I am so thankful that God chose me to be his Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment