Whew! We are still 11 days away from Christmas, but BOY have we been busy soaking up the season! :) Last weekend, we went to the parade. There are no pictures to document this event because it was POURING down rain... but DANGIT. It was the PARADE so we sucked it up and made the best of it. Bennett enjoyed it and not a piece of candy was left on the pavement! He he! After the parade, B and I headed to town to see Santa and run some errands. We talked ahead of time about how he had to talk to Santa so Santa would know what he wanted him to bring him. He was a tad nervous at first but warmed up very quickly. These pictures turned out GREAT! :)
He told Santa he wanted a John Deere Tractor with a front-end loader, and a flat soccer ball like Max's. Hopefully, Santa will be able to deliver these Christmas wishes ;)
We went to the potty right after he talked to Santa and he informed me we needed to go back. He apparently forgot to tell Santa he wanted a BOWLING BALL. I swear... never a dull moment. I told him we could just write Santa a letter.
Yesterday, we had our first annual Pajamas and Pancakes Party at our house. My best friends all have kids within a four year window and they all love to play together. This was such a fun time. Here are the babies painting their ornaments.
My sweet little artist could paint ALL DAY!
The kids had fun and so did us mommas. After everyone left, I pulled out a craft we didn't have time for... LUCKY us. This was a mess and I was glad that I didn't get too ambitious and try this with all the kids. I may have lost a few friends if I had. It's a sugar cone covered with frosting and candy to make a Christmas tree. Super cute but SUPER messy. B is actually in his undies... I think he ate more than he put on his "tree".
Saturday night, we decided to load up and head to Holly Wild. We went last year and had a wonderful time. We set out about 4:40 and stopped to eat about 15 minutes from the lights. We got in line at HollyWild at 7:15pm. We entered the gate at 10:15. Seriously. Was it worth it??? Well... if you would have asked me that after waiting in a car with a three year old for three hours, I would have said "HECK NO!" BUT after we left, I asked B if he had fun. His reply?? "I had fun with my mommy and my daddy." So.... worth it? Yes!!
Bennett and I watching movies in the backseat during hour 2 of our wait.... oh, and entertaining ourselves with selfies!
After we made it in, B wasn't all that impressed with the lights. Once we got to the Santa's Village, he perked up. He loved the animals... most of them. Here he is trying to feed this goat a bottle.
This big bison was one of the animals he didn't love. I didn't either. Their tongues were creepy.
Here is my boy bonding with a deer! So glad to see this after the whole deer-phobia thing.
We left HollyWild at 11:30pm. LATE. Very late. We stopped by McDonalds to grab B a milk and us a drink. He then decided he wanted Chicken nuggets... and a toy... and a yogurt... which equals a happy meal. The kid ate three nuggets and all of the yogurt- at midnight! :) Here he is with his midnight snack. The flash was blinding, apparently.

No comments:
Post a Comment