God just has a way of speaking to me when I least expect it. The feeling I get when there is a stirring in my spirit is familiar to me now and I know just to BE STILL. He is working. In that time, I gather my prayer warriors to help me pray for discernment. Many times, what my precious Lord is asking of me goes against my flesh and what I want to do... but I always know I am called to be obedient-- even when it's hard. Many times, however, He hears the desires of my heart and they line up perfectly with what His will is for my life in a particular season.
These few weeks have been full of that familiar stirring and LOTS and LOTS of prayer. I have seen the unfolding of a plan that has been in the works for a while. He has laid it all out and provided perfectly and was working long before he began working on me. :) More on that in a bit.
Summer, once again, has just flown right on by. Here it is September 1st. My big boy is only ONE MONTH away from turning 4. Hmmm... my heart aches and bursts with joy at the same time.
His class at school did the summer reading program with the local library. Here he is with his certificate and his medal. He was super proud!
Big brother and little brother are a blessing- to all of us, but especially each other... Well, most of the time. Other times, big brother is in little brother's face just plain loving on him. It usually involves a forceful hug/headlock, too quick of a shift of all 17 lbs of baby brother, a too loud "I love you" right in the ear at a louder-than-normal volume, just love and wallowing of baby brother by big brother. Many times, it ends in tears and looking like this. Love is like that sometimes.
Someone loves to join mommy and big brother in the playroom in the afternoons between naps. He is getting better and better at sitting up in the Bumbo and loves to be sitting.
Two weeks ago, I went to start setting up my classroom. Holden stayed with Nana Tambi and Ashtyn. She sent me this picture of a very enthusiastic conversation between the two! We are so thankful she was able to love on him while I was working!
Last Friday night, we took the boys to the first football game of the season. It was Holden's first trip to Wilson Campbell so we were excited to include him in our traditions! He loved it! There was a lot to see and he was content for about an hour and a half-- until 9:00 which was past his bedtime. We drove separately so I could take the boys home when they had had enough.
A little family selfie, of course!
Last Sunday, we went to the lake. Gram and Papa G bought a new tube for Bennett to try out. It was his first time tubing and he loved it-- as long as Papa G didn't go too fast. He said he didn't like the bumps, he he!
Another new thing we started this week is solids! I was planning to wait until 6 months but little Mister was wanting what we were eating. I started too early with Bennett and it wasn't good on his belly. Our doctor told us to start slowly and I have been researching, too. We started with oatmeal cereal and after a few days, I made some bananas. This boy loves both. He makes a noise the whole time he is eating. He grabs my hands to pull the spoon closer and gets mad if it's not coming to him fast enough or if it runs out! He he!
Now, back to God's amazing plan... it's perfect. Always. My plan was to go back to work August 17th. Holden was going to stay with Nana Tambi that week because his class didn't start until August 24th. I dropped him off fairly easily, and went to get started in my room. I always LOVE setting up my classroom. Everything is a blank slate and feels so fresh and so new. About 1 hour in, I text my mama and told her to pray. Something was up and my heart just wasn't in it. I figured that I was in a Monday Morning Funk and as I got in and got busy, I would be better. I also attributed it to the fact that I had been out of work since the end of March and I hadn't been away from my baby but just a few hours in those five months. I started praying and asking God to renew my passion for teaching and reignite my fire for that classroom. That "spark" still didn't come but the stirring did. After many prayers and soul searching, and talking with my hubby, I resigned. For this season, I am to be "Mommy".... and I am super excited.
After I left my "real job" as many call it as a 2nd grade teacher to work part time, I felt that I always needed to "explain" myself to people who asked what I did. I almost had to validate myself as though teaching part time and being a momma weren't real jobs. Last week, God called me to something different... to be a FULL time mommy. He has overseen every. little. detail... and given me a peace about things that let me know that it wasn't me just making a hasty decision but that HE was behind it all.
These past two days, I have been INTENTIONAL and I honestly feel that I have been a better momma because of it. I haven't given my family what's left over after a busy morning teaching. My heart is my home and my husband and my babies-- and it's my joy to fold clothes and cook and clean and organize! Okay, so maybe not a complete JOY to fold clothes and clean bathrooms BUT I actually do it with a fresh attitude because I am doing it for my family and ultimately for a God who has called me to this wonderful responsibility for this season!
Time is fleeting. I just ordered Bennett's invitations for his FOURTH birthday party! I will never get this time with them back. I am soaking them in and enjoying just pouring truth and love into them every single second. There are challenges, of course, but nothing a nice quite bubble bath at the end of the day can't fix.
I am forever thankful for a God who knows the desires of my heart. I am forever thankful for a husband who provides and understands and has helped give me this gift :)








No comments:
Post a Comment