Last Friday, I loaded up the boys and we went to Columbia to meet my sister and her kids at the zoo. We hadn't taken B in about two years and it was Holden's first trip so it was a really fun trip!
Trying to find the... I think these were the grizzly bears... maybe. He was intrigued by whatever was in the habitat.
Our first attempt at a group picture :) Ha ha!
Holden was pretty content to ride in the stroller but we got him out a few times to get "up close and personal" with some of the animals. This was a type of pigeon and he was pretty happy to watch it. He couldn't quite figure out why he couldn't touch the bird that was THIS CLOSE to his hand!
I LOVE these kiddos. They got along beautifully and were troopers.
Bennett did NOT want these giraffes eating from his hand. He would toss the lettuce at them and hope they would catch it. He said their tongues were super long.
Me and my babies
This laid back, easy going child was happy to close his eyes and nap whenever he got tired of the action. Some days I can't believe how easy he is... or how I ever survived BENNETT'S babyhood.
My big boy checking out the jellyfish.
The boys
I love this boy!
A PERFECT group picture! Everyone was looking at the camera! Score!
My idea was a morning at the zoo. My sister's idea was a day at the zoo. Ha ha! We didn't leave until 5:00pm! The kids did great and we all had fun spending the day together. I am so thankful that Bennett will be so close with his cousins like I was with mine!
The morning after our zoo trip, B woke up bright and early to transform into IronMan for his SuperHero breakfast with Gram. We had gone to WalMart a few weeks ago to pick out his costume. He had said he wanted to be "The Hulk" but upon seeing the costume, he changed his mind. After careful consideration, he decided on IronMan. He has never seen Avengers or IronMan or The Hulk so it's funny how he even knows about these things. The costume that was his size- 4T- didn't have a "cool mask". It only had a fabric eye mask. He wasn't impressed until he happened to see another costume with a "cool mask". It was an IronMan costume-- size 6!! So... out comes the sewing machine and after an hour of redesigning the costume, it was a perfect fit. He was happy so I was happy!
Baby brother with IronMan
Bennett, I mean IronMan, and Gram on their way to their breakfast date.
He had so much fun. She said he was happy to see the superheroes from a distance but would not pose for pictures with them. He he!
No comments:
Post a Comment