Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A Whole Lotta Love & Laughter

Love & Laughter-- our home is full of it. There are also times of tears and frustration on our part and theirs-- but I hope they always remember the fun and happiness.

The love between these two is quite obvious-- most of the time :) Holden LOVES to be drug around the house in the walker to "follow" Bennett where ever he goes. Bennett loves to include Holden and will give him toys and just talk to him as though Holden is going to talk right back! Holden just loves to be near big brother and Big brother is happy to have him as his shadow. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Last weekend, we bought a snow sled for Bennett just in case we get any good snow. We knew if we didn't get one, there would be none to be found once the snow did come. We were getting ready to go to a birthday party and this is what I found when I went to check on them. Bennett had tied Holden's walker up to the snowsled with a jump rope and was pulling him behind it. 

Bennett later asked me to put Holden IN the sled without the walker attached. I obliged. Baby brother wasn't quite so happy about this.

A few weeks ago, we decided to do two shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. Bennett would do one and Holden would "do" one, too. The boys and I enjoyed buying things for our "boys". I explained to B that we were giving these kids things to show them that Jesus loves them. I also told him that we would be buying some fun stuff but we would also be buying things the kids would need like soap and toothbrushes. He couldn't fathom that there were kids that didn't have their needs met. He was surprised to learn that these kids would be EXCITED about soap and socks and a flashlight. We watched a video of some boys from Angola getting a shoebox. Bennett loved watching the boy get so excited. It was a good lesson for him-- and for us. We don't want entitled children but sometimes we are so guilty of giving them so much that they don't appreciate anything and expect it instead. We're trying to do better. 

Bennett packing our shoeboxes.

My boy and me sharing the love of Jesus. We prayed over these boxes and pray for the boys who will receive them. 

Baby brother woke up and posed with his shoebox, too.

Last weekend, we headed on over to Emma and Evan's FOURTH birthday party. It was a western theme so the boys dressed up. They were the cutest cowboys I have ever seen. :)


This was Bennett's first Halloween costume when he was almost 13 months old. Baby brother maxed it out. They were capris on him! After all, Baby Brother IS 22 whole pounds!

Bennett was gracious enough to let Holden hold the horse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment