Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thankfulness...

My heart is full-- overflowing, even....
Looking at this crazy, beautiful life of ours makes me teary. It's what I have always pictured-- and so. much. more.

I look at this sweet face and I can't believe he is mine. I love him so.

These two... these two are proof of God's faithfulness-- and proof that God hears the desires of our hearts.


This Thanksgiving season was super busy-- as always. We started decorating for Christmas weeks ago. With six trees and extra helpers, I figured I had better get started early. I love Christmas decor and personally, it didn't take away from my spirit of Thanksgiving one iota. I digress. 

This boy's excitement this year made my heart so happy! :)  We got a jumpstart on gift wrapping. This is my Raphael (Ninja Turtle) helping wrap presents. This was seconds before baby brother started vomiting profusely. This led to Bennett gagging and me calling my mother. On round 4 of projectile vomit, Holden threw up the culprit... a piece of tape he had swallowed during present wrapping. Needless to say, our little helper was done helping and retired for the season.  


Anywho... where was I?? Oh yeah, Thanksgiving. There is no way I could even begin to compile a list of the things I thank God for on a daily basis. Sadly, there are lots I take for granted and forget to thank Him for. 

During the week of Thanksgiving, we were very busy. We celebrated with three meals over three days. The hustle and bustle was exhausting... i will be honest-- BUT I am forever grateful to have family with which to celebrate.  

My baby brother and I-- I am super thankful for this boy. He's the most loyal friend. I am his #1 fan.

This picture makes me smile. My granddaddy and four of his six great-grandchildren. 

My granddaddy and four of his six grandchildren. I am so thankful for these boys. We've grown up together and have a bond most cousins don't.

This crew is my heart. I could not be more blessed to be the wife and momma to my gang. God is good and so, so faithful. 

These two... sigh.....

My firstborn and me-- I owe him lots of apologies. I made lots of mistakes, because, let's face it... I had NO idea what I was doing during his tumultuous baby years. Luckily, he loves me just the same and hopefully, will not need therapy to recover. He is full of joy and life. He is PASSIONATE about whatever it is he is doing... even if it is tying his shoelaces by himself or attaching various things to the back of the four wheeler with a bungee cord. He loves others and is building his own relationship with Jesus. He can be shy and timid at times and can be extremely stubborn and independent. He makes me smile every single day... and cry a few too. Being a momma to such a passionate boy is hard work, sometimes. 


My heart-- oh, the flash tends to blind baby brother on the reg.

This kid. My baby. He is so easygoing and laid back. He is the happiest little boy who loves his momma. We've developed our own rhythm to our days spent together and I am grateful for my mornings to just soak him in and watch him grow.

In the spirit of thankfulness, I have to give recognition to my sweet hubby. He followed my urge to accept God's call and take a leap of faith as a stay at home mommy. That meant a few financial sacrifices and a change of duties on the homefront. He embraced it all without a single complaint. I am forever grateful for the chance to raise our boys and soak up this precious time with them. It's time we won't ever get back. I am so thankful!

We wrapped up Holden's first Thanksgiving Thursday night....

and officially kicked off Christmas season Friday morning. Technically, the Goff residence has been in Christmas mode for weeks BUT we held off on decorating the den until we got our 6th and final tree... the real one. 

We headed out Friday morning to the tree farm. 

The boys started with a ride on the 'train'. 

A little family selfie on the hayride... Holden's first.

Me and my boys.

It was our third trip to this tree farm. We love it. Bennett enjoyed it-- as he has all of our Christmas traditions thus far. 

Friday night, we put that bad boy up and started decorating. Believe it or not, we picked on that was the perfect size. This hasn't always been the case!


And to end the day-- there's nothing more perfect that babies in pajamas-- Christmas pajamas to be exact. P.S. That darned flash got Holden again.

"tis the season....

No comments:

Post a Comment