Monday, April 25, 2016

Holden Is ONE

I CANNOT believe we have celebrated Holden's FIRST birthday. A whole year has passed and I SWEAR we just brought him home from the hospital. Each year seems to fly by faster than the last. This year has been so much fun. We have easily transitioned from a family of three to a family of four and it's hard to remember what our lives were like without him! He brings us so much joy! 

The day before his actual birthday, we celebrated BIG. The weather was iffy and I was a little nervous but I eventually decided that no matter what, I wanted to have his birthday party at the picnic shelter... and not inside. The vision in my head included picnic tables and a mantle and the fireplace so no place else would be as perfect. 

I woke up the morning of the party at 6 am... it was raining. By 10, the clouds were starting to clear and with the exception of a little lingering water and wet grass, it was shaping up to be a pretty nice day! My sweet mama and I went to decorate and get the food ready before our birthday boy and his friends were set to arrive at 11:00. Everything turned out perfectly! Our theme was Peter Rabbit and it was too sweet!



                            

I loved how it all came together! It was just like I envisioned it!


This sweet boy loved his food... and loved his cake! 

Two of my favorite guys-- Abo is such a good uncle to my babies!

Daddy and big brother enjoying a little lunch.




Happy Birthday, sweet boy!

Holden's birthday party haul-- we are so blessed with our village that loves our babies!

I snapped this pic of Holden at 7:56 am on his actual birthday-- Sunday, April 3.

On Holden's birthday, we got dressed and headed to church.

After church, we ate at my granddaddys and headed home to get H a nap. When he woke up, his grandparents came over to celebrate again.

                           
Eating a little birthday supper.

Mommy and her first baby.

Birthday cake and candle... round two!

I love this kid!

Riding his police car from GaGa and GeeGee.

Riding his four-wheeler from Mommy, Daddy and B. B was super excited that he and Holden could ride four-wheelers together. This hasn't quite lived up to his expectations, though.

Helping Holden get the hang of his four-wheeler. Holden is happy to ride as long as one of us holds the button for him to ride. He doesn't like pushing the button by himself.

Big boy!

GaGa, Gee Gee and Holden.

Gram, Papa G and Holden.

My big boy!!

I can't believe he is one! I am so happy and a little sad, too. I am thankful, most of all. I haven't missed one milestone and I have seen his WHOLE first year. I am so grateful. He is such a blessing to us!













No comments:

Post a Comment