Wednesday, January 7, 2015

26/27 weeks

Poor Baby Holden. Life has been so crazy, I haven't done a bump update in a while! He is still in there and cooking away. Here is what he is up to!

How far along? Currently, I am 26 weeks 5 days
Baby’s size? 13.6 to 14.8 inches long
Total Weight Gain: 6 pounds
Stretch marks? Oh yes. This kid has grown a lot faster than my poor skin can stretch.
Sleep: Ugh. A LOT of interrupted sleep. Since we were out on Christmas break for 2 weeks, I got into lazy mode and slept late and went to bed late. I am trying to get back in a routine!
Best moment this week: Talking to B about Holden. He asks all sorts of questions and seems to be so excited. Here are a few questions he asked, "Will Baby Holden be brown?", "Is he naked in there?" "Will he hug and kiss me?"
Miss Anything? Nothing yet!
Movement: Oh yes, Holden doesn’t let me forget he’s there, that’s for sure!
Food cravings: Carbs, carbs, and more carbs.
Anything making you queasy or sick: The NASTY drink I had to week for my one and three hour sugar test. I was worried it wasn't going to stay down!
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Nope! Just a few Braxton Hicks contractions
Symptoms: More fatigue; going to the potty a lot; sore lower back; I get full fast but feel hungry more often; a little heartburn, Braxton Hicks
Belly Button in or out? Definitely out!
Wedding rings on or off? Still on!
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy most of the time. There were a few times I started to feel myself get a little irritable this week due to feeling larger. Little things like bending over or putting on my shoes are starting to get more challenging, and my stubborn self isn’t liking it very much. Winking smile
Looking forward to: A little mountain getaway next weekend, finishing Holden's nursery

The Friday before Christmas, I went in for my one hour sugar test. My parents and I had all been sick so I had to take some Tylenol Cold and Sinus just to function. Apparently, even if you fast, the cold meds can cause your glucose levels to be elevated. Who knew? After sucking down a bottle of that nasty nectar drink, an hour later, I FAIL. Seriously? I don't FAIL tests? I am an overachiever. Ugh. They scheduled my three hour test for the following Monday. I fasted, I didn't take any medicine. It was all I could do to prepare but I WAS NOT failing another one! I had my fasting blood sugar blood draw... 80. A good number. I drink even MORE of the nasty stuff, 10 whole ounces in 5 minutes. Gag. Seriously, I thought I wasn't going to make it! She told me to come back in an hour. Second blood draw... an 83. She said my blood sugar was pretty low considering what I had drank. She said to leave and come back but to be very careful if I felt dizzy or sick. I went to the mall for a bit, then I picked up some Chick Fil A (in anticipation of being able to eat soon), and headed back to the next draw. I scored an 85! I passed and got to "exempt" the third hour! Woo hoo! I rewarded myself with Coke and Chicken Minis! Woo hoo!

Over Christmas break, we started working on Holden's room. I am HAPPY to say it's primed, painted, and floors are DONE! This weekend, we will assemble his furniture and maybe hang some curtains! Woo hoo! Lots left to do BUT I at least can breathe a little easier. After all, we only have 12 weeks left to go! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment