Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Momma of BOYS

I never really felt like I would be a momma to all girls. I have always felt I would have boys. When I was pregnant with B, I KNEW he was a boy. When we first learned about Holden, I KNEW he was a boy, too. Will there be a baby #3?? Who knows? BUT if it's not a girl will I be sad? Absolutely not! B is a Momma's boy, for sure! He LOVES his momma and we have a very special bond.
 
That being said, I am a girlie girl. Bennett is ALL boy but he will go along with some "dressing up" when I want him to. Here he is sporting his bowtie to church last Sunday! :)
 
We also have the nursery started...

 
And the furniture assembled. The next picture needs some explaining. While Jonathan and I were assembling Holden's furniture, I decided to let B entertain himself in our bedroom across the hall. I got out his tools and some blocks of Styrofoam from the furniture boxes and showed him how to screw his screws into the foam. He was quiet for a long time. Jonathan went to check on him and told me to go check out Bennett's construction area. According to B, "It snowed!" This picture only shows the beginning of the mess. This Styrofoam clung to everything and spread when you walked through it. It was a mess. I am still vacuuming up the pieces.

 
On the flip side, Bennett DID help clean it up. This boy loves to vacuum.

 
Saturday afternoon, once we got the Styrofoam cleaned up, we headed to Augusta. Jonathan had gotten tickets to a Monster Truck Rally and we knew B would love it! I have NEVER been to such but as the momma to boys, I know there are a lot more of these in my future. I will admit, it was pretty entertaining and Bennett really enjoyed it. He sat the entire 2 hours!




Daddy and B. That is my arm holding Bennett's seat down. I was so scared it was going to fold up with him in it!

The flag. Bless it. He loved this thing... and he should have. Jonathan nearly had to sell a kidney to afford it... he he!
 
We had a great time. On the way home, B started complaining that his belly hurt and he had to throw up. He hadn't had any junk food but HAS had lots of drainage and mucus. Jonathan pulled over and nothing happened. I emptied a Chick-Fil-A cup and instructed B that if he felt sick, to use the cup. Five minutes later, we were in a median on I-20 with a sick boy. We changed his clothes, covered him up and he was fine the rest of the night and next day. On Monday, his teacher went home sick with flu and another little boy in his class was diagnosed with flu, too. Last night, he ran fever of 101.4 but has been fine today. I am HOPING he stays well and doesn't catch any of the yuck going around!

No comments:

Post a Comment