Thursday, January 1, 2015

In Awe...

 
I prayed for him before I knew him. I grew him. I have nursed him. I have kissed and hugged him millions of times. I have held him. I have sung to him. I have told him "I loved him." I have snuggled with him. I have read to him. I have never stopped thanking God for him. I have spent every possible minute just soaking him in... and I still can't get enough.

Through it all, he NEVER ceases to amaze me. Seriously. I sit in awe of him and what God has done. Bennett started as a dream, a hope, a prayer, a whisper, a wish... and God granted me what I asked of him. He gave me such a miracle when he gave me my sweet boy. I had no idea the depth of love that consumed me the minute I became a momma... not on October 1, 2011 when he was born... but when I saw those two lines on January 17, 2011.
 
God is so good and teaches me so much about HIS love through my Bennett. He also uses B to teach me many lessons and put them into practice. Mostly, B is just a reminder of God's faithfulness. I am so blessed to be able to nurture this gift. God has entrusted B to me and the responsibility can be overwhelming... but again, he is faithful and will equip.
 
Today, I had a proud mommy moment. I have them frequently but this one seemed so different. It was the bridge between little and big, baby and grown. It was happy and sad at the same time. Santa brought B some books to help him with writing, tracing, and fine motor skills. We have worked with lacing, tracing, cutting, tearing, coloring, painting, rolling Play-Doh, etc. but not really with writing. He just turned three so it really hasn't been on my radar. I turned him loose with this number tracing book and a marker... and I was FLOORED! He was tracing the numbers with controlled motor skills. What? This is what BIG BOYS do.. not my baby. When did this happen?  

I videoed it and sent texts about it. Yep. A proud momma. I asked him where he learned to trace and he said, "School. And you teached me." I also asked him when did he grow up and get so big and learn to talk and walk and write?? His response?? "God made me bigger and you teached me." Ahhh. This kid... Be still my heart.
 
We finished up this particular evening taking selfies on the couch and putting stickers in his Planes sticker book.


...and on his face :)
 
During cuddle time tonight in his big boy bed, I conducted an interview of my big boy. I love hearing what he thinks about certain things and asking him questions to see how he will answer. I had pinned this interview on Pinterest but forgot to do it on his 3rd birthday. My plan is for this to be a birthday interview for years to come. Here is our interview.
 
What's your whole name?: Bennett Hayes Goff
When is your birthday? OcMcTober 1st (When we were learning to say October, somehow Doc McStuffins threw him off!)
How old are you? Three
Favorite color?: Orange
Favorite food?: Macaroni
Best friend?: Dalton and Emma
Favorite thing to do outside?: Ride my tractor
Favorite thing to do with mommy?: Snuggle
Favorite thing to do with daddy? Snuggle with my daddy
Favorite thing to do at school?: Play with Emma
Favorite movie?: Fire and Rescue
Favorite place to eat?: Las Cas
Favorite store?: Piggly Wiggly and Dollar General
Favorite thing to drink? Sunny D
 
Interesting, right? His responses made me smile. He even decided to interview me when we were done. He always brings a smile to my face. I am so in love with this sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment