Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Surprise Camping Trip


Those of you that know me- even a little bit- know that I do NOT exactly heart camping. My sweet husband, however, loves it! Now, I try to be a good sport about it-- I even agreed to buying a camper so that maybe camping would be a little more enjoyable but it's still not exactly my favorite thing to do-- but I must say, it's growing on me!

Jonathan and I have been married 7 years last Sunday. I decided to surprise him with a camping trip. I made reservations in Greenwood a month or so ago but when we went to hang out with his parents Memorial Weekend at Hawe Creek, I came home and changed our reservation. The plan was for his daddy to come pull our camper to our campsite before Jonathan got home. I got everything packed up-- with two kids this was no easy feat! I sent Jonathan a text to meet us at site 32 at Hawe Creek! I think he was very surprised! 
Jonathan's parents were so sweet to help out! His momma came to the campsite to hang with the boys while I set everything up and unpacked. Friday night, everyone went to get the pontoon from Grandma and Grandpa's and me and Holden took a stroll. Normally he is in the carseat on top of the stroller, but it was too hot for that so we improvised. He looks so big here!

When Jonathan and B got back, we built a campfire. Bennett was in hog-heaven! This boy loves to camp!

He also loves to roast marshmallows! He stayed up with us until nearly 11:00pm!!! Luckily both boys slept until 9 this next morning-- minus two nursing sessions for Holden!

Funny kid!

Saturday, we loaded up the boat for a ride. This time, we had a new lifejacket for baby boy that he liked MUCH better. He slept nearly the entire time!


My cool dude in his shades!


Daddy and B decided to take a swim.


Daddy even let B drive the boat!


Laid back... I think he looks pretty relaxed!


Here is his outfit-- minus the lifejacket.


Daddy and Holden


Daddy and B on a bike ride. Bennett rode his own bike most of the time but wanted to make sure daddy got his exercise, too!


My boys!


Cuties


Bennett had so much fun looking for lightning bugs.


Gram and her boys-- they came over to babysit while Jonathan and I went to dinner Saturday night.


All in all we had a great trip-- minus the ANTS. We even came home and began looking for a new camper. Seeing my family have fun has made me reconsider my stance on camping... maybe I like it just a little!

I was happy to do something special for my hubby. He works so hard for us. I am so proud to call him mine. Here's to 70 more...

No comments:

Post a Comment