Monday, October 10, 2016

Adventures of a SAHM

Sometimes, being a stay at home mom is exhausting. Some days it feels like I'm stuck in a rut because I really have no where to go or place to be or reason to really dress up. Since we have such a rigid napping routine, many of our days are the same as the last. Sometimes the devil tries to get to me and make me think that what I'm doing isn't worth it. He makes me feel like my family would benefit so much more if I would go back to the workforce and make money.  He whispers in my ear things all the time that make me feel like I could be more. But then, the Holy Spirit whispers even louder to my heart that what I'm doing IS so worth it. It's worth far more than any dollar amount I could put on what I'm experiencing with my children. I will never get this time back with my boys. What I am doing is for the kingdom. He has called me and he has equipped me. My prayer each day is that my heart will be guarded against the lies of the enemy... And that I will remember that this is THE most important job I will ever have. 

Many days, this is what it looks like to be a stay-at-home mom.  Thankfully God made him cute.
But then, there's the realization that at lunchtime I can go pick my big kid up and we can have an afternoon play date at the park. Just us. Making memories. I wouldn't trade it for anything... Even the "big" Bucks teaching full time would offer. 


Side note--- poor kiddo fell at the park and got a boo boo on his sweet face!




No comments:

Post a Comment