Bennett's fifth birthday just happened to fall on a Saturday. A month ago, Jonathan and I decided to book a campsite at the lake and surprise him with a camping trip. He had NO idea. We told him that his daddy was getting off early to take our camper to a guy to check the heat and air. I managed to pack our clothes and food while he was at school. After Jonathan left, I told him we had to go pick daddy up. When we got to the State Park, he said, "Mama, is this where we camped before?" I told him we did. Then I said, "Why don't we just camp for the weekend since we are here!?" He was so excited! He told us thank you several times. Throughout the weekend, he kept saying, "I love camping!" The weather was PERFECT!
My sweet birthday boy!
My boys checking out the water. We have camped in the same spot several times. There is a big yard and some water, too. We love site 64!
For his birthday, we got him a new and bigger bike. Look at that smile!
That Friday night, we had my parents and my brother over. Abo gave B a new Under Armour outfit. That boy was thrilled. He loves some Under Armour!
Two of my favorite guys!
On Saturday morning, I turned on the heat and the boys started to wake up and move around and came in our bed to snuggle and warm up. As I was cooking breakfast, I went in to their room to see this. Bennett was holding Holden and they were playing on Jonathan's phone.
The night before, I decorated the camper a bit for our birthday boy.
Holden gave Bennett a new helmet for his birthday.
A little birthday breakfast.
Baby brother wanted to ride the bike, too!
We decided to go on a treasure hunt and do a little geocaching. We have really gotten into this!
We found it! The boys were excited. Even Holden was interested to see what treasures we found!
A little family pic in the woods.
After afternoon nap time, Gram and Papa G came by with a new toy for Bennett-- a kayak!
He loved it, of course!
This kid makes me smile. He was quite content to walk in the water.
Then Gaga, GeeGee, and BigBig joined us for supper. Holden wanted some of GeeGee's pizza!
When B and I went to get the cake, the lady had made a 1/2 sheet cake instead of 1/4 sheet cake. :) He he! It was huge!
An Under Armour Hoodie from GaGa and GeeGee and some Legos.
And a Monster Tow truck from BigBig.
My granddaddy and my big boy. I'm so grateful for the bond they have.
Gram, Papa G, and Bennett
GaGa, GeeGee, and Bennett
Ending his first day as a 5 year old doing one of our favorite things... snuggling. An added bonus was that it was by a fire! We love this kid so much and are so thankful for who he is!
No comments:
Post a Comment