My sweet baby had his first trip to urgent care a few weeks ago. Jonathan was three hours away alligator hunting, my parents were in Philadelphia meeting my new niece, and my aunt and uncle were in Tennessee. That Sunday morning, we ate our breakfast and got ready to go to Sunday school. On the way out the door, the boys got tangled up and fell. No real tears so everyone was fine. We went to Sunday school and when I picked Holden up from his classroom, his teacher said he was acting funny about his left arm. She said that he moved it and cried and now he really wasn't wanting to use it. I told her I was sure he was fine. We loaded up and headed home for his nap. When he woke up, I noticed he wouldn't use his arm to reach for me to get him out of bed. He wouldn't reach for my phone and he wouldn't reach for cheese crackers. I called several nurse friends and they told me to take him to urgent care for x-rays. I called my cousin to arrange Bennett a place to stay since I was all by myself. I was hysterical after talking to my mama. I had managed to talk to four other people on the phone and hold it together but when I talked to my mama I lost it. Luckily she knew it wasn't life-threatening but by the way I couldn't get my breath, she could have possibly thought otherwise. She didn't want me to be alone so she arranged for our family friend to come and sit with me. I wasn't thinking and couldn't figure out exactly what I needed to do but I was grateful to have someone there with me. We were there waiting for about two hours. They were about to come in and do x-rays when all of a sudden Holden swatted at a curtain, cried for a minute, and went back to using his arm like nothing ever happened. They did x-rays just to be sure but said it sounded like nursemaid's elbow and that he corrected it when he swatted at the curtain. I'm so glad that ordeal is over. My family is no longer allowed to all go somewhere at the same time ever again.
It was 3 o'clock when we left urgent care. Neither one of us had eaten so Sunday dinner at McDonald's drive-through was a must. Here he is a laid-back eating his happy meal.


No comments:
Post a Comment