Monday, October 10, 2016

Superheroes Remember

Jacob Hall is a name I will not soon forget. He was a six-year-old boy that was shot on the playground of his school. He died a few days later. A 14-year-old boy who killed his father, drove to the school and open fire on innocent children on the playground. My mommy heart struggled with that. My teacher heart struggled with that. This six-year-old boy could've been a classmate at Bennett school. He could've been a kid in my class. He was somebody's baby. He was somebody's brother. He was someone's student. It's one of those things that we just don't understand. I didn't explain the details to Bennett. I never want him afraid to go to school. More importantly, I'd really don't want him to know what a scary world we live in.for the most part, he sees good. He sees what we want him to see. He knows bad things happen. We pray for things at night. But hopefully, and my prayer is, that he is learning that there is a God bigger than all of the bad that could ever happen. The same God that created the universe is going to use all of this for good... Even though we don't understand it. Jacob's family requested that the day of his funeral, people everywhere where their superhero outfits. The boys and I wore ours to show support for a little boy that we never even met.
That Wednesday afternoon, my mom got off work early so we decided to hit up Star Fort and do a little geocaching. It was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed our day together.








No comments:

Post a Comment