Monday, October 10, 2016

School Days

School has been a big adjustment for both of us. I must say we have both done a great job with this transition. Each week Bennett has homework. At the moment he is still pretty excited about these homework assignments. The teacher said that if any of it was too easy, we could challenge our students. Well, unfortunately for Bennett his mommy is a teacher. He does a lot of challenging activities. Ha ha. Case in point, his homework assignment was to tell me three things he likes about school. I was supposed to write them on the back of the paper. Bennett is perfectly capable of copying so.... 
I am super proud of his handwriting. We have really been working hard on this and he's doing a great job.

School mornings always begin with breakfast in bed or breakfast on the couch. Bennett usually wakes up first and get started. When Holden wakes up he points in the direction of Bennett's room. He loves to snuggle and eat with his big brother. They love to watch Paw Patrol in the mornings. Aren't they the cutest?
A few weeks ago, we had the opportunity to go to Bennett's classroom for open house.  He enjoyed showing us around his classroom and showing us his artwork.
Holden love going to Bennett's classroom too. He tried out every chair in the classroom and did some of the centers with Bennett.
Here is Bennett doing a little homework handwriting practice.
The third week of school, Bennett came home with his first yellow face. He was actually pretty devastated by it. I told him that I was disappointed that he was acting up. I also explained that he had had many many good days of green faces and sometimes we all have a yellow day but it couldn't become every day. This made quite the impression on him so I don't think he will be having too many yellow days this year.









No comments:

Post a Comment