Monday, January 21, 2019

December Catch Up 2017

December is one of my favorite months. It's full of anticipation for time well spent with family and friends celebrating Jesus' birthday. The spirit is contagious. December 2017 was no exception. We packed it full of fun and traditions... starting with our small town Christmas parade. We took Ashton and Kensie with us.

Little brother wasn't shy about going out into the street for his fair share of candy. He was thrilled.

After the parade, we headed to Greenwood for pics with Santa and some more fun. The kids loved the smores in the courtyard.


We caught a horse and buggy ride around town.


And we ended the day at Bennett's Country Christmas. A man about ten minutes away has lights and inflatables everywhere. I am all about some good old tacky decor... as long as it isn't in my yard! The kids had a blast.





Holden participated in his very first school program. I headed this up at the daycare... it was the first one ever. He did great and we were happy to have family there to cheer him on. His class sang "Jingle Bells" and "Happy Birthday".




We had our Christmas card pictures made. I love them!!!




We had some Christmas fun at our church decorating gingerbread houses. The boys loved doing this and I am pretty sure they ate more candy than they put on the houses!




We found a new tradition during December 2017... a family movie trip to see a Christmas movie. Our movie selection?? The Star. It was so good. We all enjoyed it.

Bennett had his first take home K5 Project... a snow pal. This was during his short lived Gamecock phase. I indulged. His daddy was less than impressed. :)


At school, Bennett gets to "shop" in the Penguin Patch store. He selects gifts for our family and wraps them himself. He had so much fun picking gifts and surprising us with them on Christmas morning. 


December brings cold days so we have to entertain ourselves inside sometimes. A little painter's tape on the carpet and some cars and trucks and the boys were entertained for a good little while!


This kid was adament about dressing fancy for church. Here he is in all his fancy glory... too short sport coat and all... in church, I look down to spot Mario socks :) 


Gram and Papa G took the boys to have Christmas pictures done. Look how precious!!!



The boys also had their first Christmas musical at church. Holden decided he would join in on the fun and actually enjoyed it way more than Bennett... no surprise there. Bennett does not love things like this at all.

They both had pajama day at school. That calls for matching pajamas of course.


I also got to go to Bennett's class Christmas party at school. I am so thankful I get to do little things like this with them.


We enjoyed our first wrestling match in December 2017 too. The boys adore Cody, one of my former students who is also our neighbor. He is a wrestler at the high school so we went to check out a match. The boys were hooked... and enjoyed the action!


We had our annual Pancakes and Pajamas party at our house again. Santa was able to make an appearance again this year. I love this group of kiddos and love traditions like this!






We transitioned Holden to a toddler bed. Bennett insisted he help him adjust by squeezing in on the toddler bed. What a sweet brother!


Over Christmas, family came. These kiddos had a blast tearing up GaGa and GeeGee's yard!


We made our annual Mig's trip on the 23rd!



And on Christmas Eve, we went to spend time with Family in McCormick and went to our Christmas Eve Communion Service at Church. After that, we went to see more family at KG's.





Then we went home to get ready for Santa!!



 


We got up the next morning to see that Santa had come and left lots of goodies!









Later on, Abo and Papa came over to see what the boy's got and eat some lunch. We had no idea it would be our last Christmas with my daddy.


For supper, we headed up the hill to Grandaddy's for more Christmas traditions.















A few years ago, we started a new birthday tradition for Aaron's birthday. I go to Greenville and we head to lunch. I love this guy and I am happy to celebrate him any time!
December 2017 also brought us a new family member. Jonathan's sister had a baby. Holden is obsessed with Baby Dawson. B wasn't very impressed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment