Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Christmas Season

The most wonderful time of the year! I love the glow of the Christmas lights, the chill in the air (ummm... well... not this year) and all the Christmas traditions. I also LOVE that my babies love Christmas as much as I do. Every Monday night in December, we go eat Mexican and ride to look at Christmas lights. This year, Holden squealed each time he saw some and said, "ights, ights!!!" He also knew where the inflatable Santa was at the fire station and said, "ho ho ho" each time we passed it. 

During the Christmas season, we craft-it-up. My boy loves a craft like I do. Here he is with our nativity scene we made. He painted the wood by himself and I helped him add the vinyl I cut with my machine.

I did a little crafting myself at our Annual Family Girls Paint and Pour. We have done this for three years. It's a great time with some of my favorite ladies. Bennett was super impressed with my painting and Holden gave it a hearty "ho ho ho!"


We even had to find a few rainy day crafts. Holden loved painting and doing Dot Dots.


SOMEONE got their very first school yearbook pictures back. Check him out. I had an early doctors appointment so daddy was in charge of his hair... ha ha ha! It's wild... but he is cute as a button!


We had to make a run to the doctor's office for a nasty cough and ear drainage. Look at my future doctor in training!



Let's be real... it wouldn't be Christmas without a picture with Santa! One Saturday morning, Jonathan went hunting and I took the boys to town for Santa pics. Holden dropped a small space heater  on his toe before we left so meltdown one of the day had already been had. Meltdown two came when I buckled him into the car seat. Meltdown three occurred when I put him in the stroller. Meltdown four began when I got him out of the stroller and wouldn't let him push it into the people in line in front of us. Sheesh.... when it was our turn, Bennett climbed in Santa's lap and informed him of the wishful desires of his heart. Then it was baby brother's turn.

Drumroll please.... ladies and gentlemen, let me present to you meltdown number 5!!! He kept holding his hands up saying "Momma, mommaaaaaaa!" Poor kid. Did I mention that pics were during naptime? Yeah. Naptime.


After pictures, we went home to get H a nap.... ummmm... Sike. Actually, it was time for the Christmas parade. He was already off schedule and I hate to miss naptime.... but I hate to miss the parade too. I knew he would love it if he got over the "hump". Lucky for us... I was right.



Free suckers???? What's not to love?


Jonathan took H home to nap... for real... and B and I headed to Lowe's. We bought an inflatable Santa... and colored lights. :) Bennett was estatic.



Bennett and Holden's play house was decked out with three strands of colored lights and one inflatable Santa. Thrilled, I tell you... thrilled.

I got these gems from Bennett's teacher. One is a picture she text me of him working hard on an art project at school. The other is a note we got in the mail. I am so proud of him!


On the last day of school before Christmas break, we sent deer food and deer antlers. Mrs. Pridmore said they HAD to put them on for a class picture. I am so thankful for the friendships these sweet littles share. They are precious!


We went to a place about ten minutes away to look at a Christmas display. It was filled with lights and inflatables. The boys loved walking around to look at everything. It was pretty impressive. 



Then, my boy sang with the Children's choir again at church. He isn't too much into the hand motions but he sings the words. Progress.



The week before Christmas, we met up with some friends at Jumpin' Jaxx to play. The boys had a ball with their friends.
Holden and Kate's first playdate.

Bennett and Kylie

The big kids.... three of them are in class with Bennett. I am so glad he chooses such sweet friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment