Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Turkey Day 2016

Ahhh... Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for. I am so blessed and I try to always find the good. These kids--- they are my good... even in the hard, cranky, fussy days... they are my good.
Matching turkey shirts---of course!


Seriously--- the best pic we could get. :)

My granddaddy and 4 of 7 great grandchildren. They LOVE him... and he loves them!

Me and my baby brother

These babies are growing so fast!

One of my favorite people--- my granddaddy. My meme and I were "thick as thieves" as my Uncle Larry used to say. I would see her every day-- sometimes for minutes... sometimes for hours. She was part of my daily life-- and so was my granddaddy but he was there but in the background. When she died, I actually remember being worried that Granddaddy and I wouldn't have anything to talk about or that it would be awkward. I needn't have worried. God has grown our relationship and strengthened OUR bond. I am so thankful for him and glad my boys know him!

No comments:

Post a Comment